Wednesday, September 5, 2012

happenings at our house

Well I can't believe we're already into September. Austin got his drivers permit when he turned 15. He doesn't take drivers ED until Feb/March, but he is suppose to have the permit six months before taking drivers ED. We let him drive Jason's car the day after he got his permit, and let me tell ya Scary!!  
 He already wrecked the car. We had to replace the front right quarter panel, and we have to buy a new headlight eventually, the one we have is broken in a spot behind the headlight but at least Jason was able to get it to stay in place for now. He also popped/ripped the right front tire. The new quarter panel is  black primered, the rest of his car is white, so I call it the cow car. Oh well, the car will eventually be Austins anyway, but not for a while. He wanted to drop out of drivers ed after that, but that thought only lasted about a week. Now he wants to drive again. Do we dare????  I want to say just kidding but in a way I'm not. We've let him drive again, he needs lots of practice in a Big parking lot with no cars. He'll get it eventually or so we hope :)

Cameron is taking band this year. He wanted to play the trumpet and so now we get to hear all the loudness that comes with those. I'm glad he wanted to learn an instrument. Nothing dramatic with Cameron, and that's just fine.

Ashlyn and Cole are both at the same school. I'm happy for that, she is just like a mother to him. She gives him a hug and a kiss on the cheek when she takes him to his classroom,and tells him to have a good day. I think that is so sweet, I'm glad she watches over him for me while he's there. He's just in kindergarten so he's not there to long, he's having lots of fun so far. Ashlyn is having fun as well!!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

WOW!!! Austin is driving! Look out world...j/k ;) Glad you guys are doing well. What have you been up to, Michelle? What's it like to have a quiet house with all the kids in school?