Well our ward was split a few weeks ago, and with a new ward comes a new Bishopric, presidencies, and teachers. You all know about how that works. So last Sunday the 17th we get a call from the 2nd counselor from the bishopric. We already know that they are going to extend a calling it's a dead give away when you get a call 40 minutes before church starts asking if they can come and talk to you. So we do the usual "I wonder what it's going to be, I hope it's not this or that". Let me inform you that the Sunday prior to the 17th the bishop approached both Jason and I, at separate times and said he was glad we weren't moving because he could use us. So we already had an idea that we would get "The Call" so we weren't surprised by the call. What did surprise us was our callings that they extended. We thought for sure we were going to be primary teachers, nope we were wrong . . . .We couldn't believe our ears did we hear them right? We sure did. Here's the big surprise I'm the second counselor in the YW presidency and Jason is the Sunday school instructor for Gospel Doctrine.WHOA is about all we could say all day. Actually I've been saying that all week. Hopefully everything will go well as we begin a new journey.
Friday, August 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








7 comments:
love the new background! you'll be an awesome YW leader. time to go find more YW to join you for your meetings. good luck!
Michelle, you will be great in YW's!! I was the 1st counselor in the YW Presidency in the Meadows Ward for awhile, and with all the apartments and stuff it definitely makes things interesting. Good luck with that! And good luck with Gospel doctrine Jason, that is one calling I hope I NEVER have, haha.
That is so great for the both of you. Michelle I have never worked in YW so all I can say is good luck. Jason oh Jason! All I can think of to say in regards to your calling is I'm glad I don't have that calling. I speak enough being the 2nd counselor in the R.S.. You guys better buy knee pads because I am sure you will be on your knees a lot in pray for both of the callings. GOOD LUCK!
i think you will be great in young womens! any teenage girl would just love you! good luck!
Ha ha!!!!Congrats on the new callings!! You are going to love it. Just remember to have a little fun in the whole thing.
They just put me in as 2nd counselor too! So, send me all the stuff you guys do. I was informed today that Tuesday nights are too boring. I'll send mine your way too if you want them. I love being over the beehives...no dating or missionary boyfriends. It really is the best age huh! Congrats!
Change is good. I'm so excited for you guys! I bet you'll both be great!! (However, Note that I think Sunday School Gospel Doctrine Teacher is the SCARIEST calling in the world.) I'm sure Jason will do wonderful, though.
Post a Comment